YMCA Youth Basketball League - Winter 2021
At the Y we focus on building teamwork, dribbling and shooting, and the fundamentals of basketball.
2021 Youth Basketball Season
Registration is now open. Register online by clicking here. Or, call the YMCA at 641.422.5999
With COVID-19, some changes will be occurring.
- Each team will receive their own bag of basketballs for practices.
- Teams will be limited to 10 players.
- During Saturday game days, to avoid overlapping of players, coaches and spectators, games will be scheduled with 30 minutes between games. If necessary, we may have games on Friday evenings.
- Balls, chairs and tables will be sanitized and cleaned between all games.
- Spectators will be asked to wear masks while watching their child play.
The YMCA Basketball Program is a program focused on giving all children an opportunity to play team sports. We are looking for volunteers to help coach these kids and for referees on the weekend. All coaches will be given support and practice plans, if desired. All referees will be supplied with their own whistle and coaching on how to ref youth sports.
- Practices will begin the week of November 8 based on coaches' availability, with one practice per week for the season.
- Games will begin on either Friday, November 12 or Saturday, November 13 based on registration.
- Pictures will be on Friday, November 19 (if games are played on Friday) and Saturday, November 20
- The last game of the season will be December 18.