YMCA Youth Winter Soccer League
The YMCA recognizes soccer as having excellent fitness and social benefits. This program allows each participant the opportunity to learn the basic skills and fundamentals of the sport; dribbling, passing, and scoring, in a fun, noncompetitive environment.
By participating in youth sports at the YMCA, kids learn firsthand about becoming and staying active, developing healthy habits they’ll carry with them throughout their lives, and the benefits are far greater than just physical health. Whether it is gaining confidence, or building the positive relationships that lead to good sportsmanship and teamwork, participating in sports at the Y is about building the whole child, from the inside out.
About the League
- Practices held once a week for 30 minutes. Practices begin the week of January 8.
- Each team plays at least one 30-minute game on Saturday’s. First game will be January 12.
- The games will be held on the basketball court and the teams will play 3-on-3.
- Teams will be put together based on the school that the child attends. This is also based on the numbers from each school, so your child may play with someone from a different school. We attempt to balance the teams with equal levels of skills/experience based on the data we receive at the time of registration.
- 5 year old - 4th grade will be split by schools
- 5th/6th grade will be by skill
- Each child will be given a team-colored dry fit shirt
The league will begin January 8th through February 16th. Each team will hold one practice during the week and play one game on a Saturday.
- 5/k (co-ed)
- 1st/2nd (co-ed)
- 3rd/4th (separate)
- 5th/6th (separate)
Registration open now
You can register by calling 641.422.5999 or online at this link. Registration is open through December 31st. Late registration is available through January 6 with an additional fee; however we cannot guarantee any special accommodation with late registration.
Member pricing: $30 (after December 31st $40)
Program member: $50 (after December 31st $60)