Sugar Plum Preschool has been located at Trinity Lutheran Church since 1967. It became a collaboration with the Mason City Family YMCA in 2009 and became an official program in the Spring of 2012. Sugar Plum Preschool is licensed by the State of Iowa and is open to all children ages 3-5.
Philosophy of the Program
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment which will help develop a positive attitude towards learning.
- To provide experiences which will promote the individual child's physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth.
- To help the child develop a positive self-concept.
- To provide an opportunity for the child to participate in group activities, learn to follow a classroom routine and make transitions easily.
- To provide both active and quiet learning experiences which will promote the development of skills, self-confidence and creative expression.
- To develop sensory motor skills (large muscle, small muscle and body awareness).
Class Schedule and Fees
|3||Tues./ Thurs.||8:30 - 11:00 a.m.||$105/ mo.|
|3||Mon./ Wed.||8:30 - 11:00 a.m.||$105/ mo.|
|4||Mon. - Thurs.||Noon - 2:30 p.m.||Free*|
|5||Mon. - Thurs.||Noon - 2:30 p.m.||$155/ mo.|
* Free with collaboration with Mason City Community School District
The tuition cost is based on the entire school year and is divided into 9 equal monthly installments (September - May). A registration fee of $25 is charged to help defray costs. The fee is non-refundable and holds a child's place in class until the fall. The registration fee is required at the time of registration. For more information please call Sugar Plum Preschool at (641) 424-9316 or e-mail at email@example.com